Tuesday, 21 February 2017

Mapping Talomir - THW Fantasy Maps

Talomir, the Fantasy World used in THW is quite large. Here some maps showing where the nations are and includes hexes as well. I stay away from how large they are but prefer to represent their size by time. 

Clear Hexes - Moving through one hex takes:
Foot 1 week.
Mounted 1/2 week.
Flying 1 day.
This includes stopping, resting, etc.

Rough Hexes - This includes Woods and Deserts. Moving through one hex takes:
Foot 1 1/2 weeks.
Mounted 1 week.
Flying 1 day.
This includes stopping, resting, etc.

Mountain Hexes - Moving through one hex takes:
Foot 2 weeks.
Mounted 2 week.
Flying 1 day.
This includes stopping, resting, etc.

Campaign wise - Time in Talomir is as follows:
1 to 9 days counts as a week.  
1 to 16 days counts as two weeks.
17 to 24 days counts as three weeks
25 to 30 days counts as as a month.



Check out  the THW Forum for 11" x 17" files. 

6 comments:

  1. I like the method of time instead of distance. I think it would be a lot more fun to determine time by a die roll. For example moving by foot in rough would take 1d6+8 days, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had thought of that too. Will think about it a bit.

      Delete
  2. I don't recognise any of the names in the 3rd map!? A book all about Talomir would be high on my my wishlist. These maps show a lot of thought has gone into this world and I'd love to read about it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check it out here...Talomir Gazetteer

    http://site.twohourwargames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=3119

    ReplyDelete